This week I expanded my formatting/editing tutorials since last week's was not as expected. For my Year 2 class, I made a simpler tutorial for the pupils to do and for my Year 3 class I prepared a tongue twister passage for them. My main aim here was to attract the pupils' attention with a tutorial which should be fun to do.

My Year 2's lesson plan,

Lesson Plan 06/04/09 (Yr2A)

As for the tutorial, eventhough they were given handouts I repeated to the pupils on what they are supposed to do because some would tend to listen with one ear and out the next straight away. When this happens, they start to call out and ask what they are supposed to do. Time was of essence because the class itself was only for a period. I did not want what happened the previous week to repeat itself whereby the whole did not complete their work.

Tutorial 06/04/09 (Yr2A)

My Year 3 seemed to have fun with the passage because most of them have not been exposed to tongue twisters. Some kept repeating the passage instead of editing so I had to give then a little nudge. In the end, ALL of them finished the tutorial on time. I was very happy because not only were they on time but their work was about 99% correct! Check out the lesson plan which was simplicity itself.

Lesson Plan 06/04/09 (Yr3A)
While going round the class monitoring the pupils do their work I couldn't help but smile when I saw that most of them did collaborative learning. They were actually discussing with each other on how to do their work and there was not much calling out for the teacher!

Tutorial 06/04/09 (Yr3A)

0 comments:

About

Dyg Norolhoda binti Haji Mohd Arpan
08D0302 Diploma in Education (In-Service)

At the age of 34 I decided to change profession from a bank officer to a teacher. I joined the Ministry of Education in 2004 and was posted to Maktab SOAS. It was a huge transition! I started teaching on my 2nd day and was given a class full of naughty and rebellious boys. IOne look at them and my adrenaline went sky high. I was so determine to make whichever class I taught to learn something from me. Most of my days as a teacher was challenging, hectic and memorable. Though referred as a stressful job, I never regretted my decision to become a teacher. The overwhelming feeling when a student comes up to you and says "Thank you" with a smile is a treasure itself. I am by nature a serious person but since being a teacher I have learn to smile a lot especially by the antics of my students. :)