This week was supposed to be where the pupils got started with using Ms Word from the introduction lesson on the 2nd March previously. Because of the term holiday the previous week, I had to recap what was taught earlier on especially my Year 2. I specifically remembered their dazed look so I attempted to create my own notes for them to refer to for the exercise they were about to do. At the same time, killing two birds with one stone, I created my own notes for my Year 3 too. I did not want to rely on my co-operating teacher to supply me with her notes and tutorials. The fact that I needed the experience in creating my own teaching and learning materials were a factor which I was determined to overcome. My co-operating teacher after looking through my handouts gave her approval and even my supervisor who was observing me gave me a thumbs up for my effort..

For my Year 2

Lesson Plan 16/03/09 (Yr2A) Lesson Plan 16/03/09 (Yr2A) Dyg Norolhoda Hj Md Arpan

And the notes with the tutorials

Notes and Tutorial 16/03/09 (Yr2A) Notes and Tutorial 16/03/09 (Yr2A) Dyg Norolhoda Hj Md Arpan

The lesson did not run smoothly during the main activity. Judging by the immense cry of help from my pupils I guess my tutorial was overwhelming for my pupils. The contents were too much to be completed within the time designated (the lesson itself was only 30 minutes) Only about two groups managed to type the whole thing out and the others were lost in their typing and finding the letters in the keyboard. I guess I was over anxious with my expectation of the lesson. I did not regard my pupils' typing abilities and I totally forgot about the lesson being only 30 minutes. The pupils did not complete the tutorials and I knew then I had to modify my tutorial to meet my pupils; capabilities.

As for my Year 3

Lesson Plan 16/03/09 (Yr3A) Lesson Plan 16/03/09 (Yr3A) Dyg Norolhoda Hj Md Arpan

The lesson was smooth and the pupils were very attentive. They were enthralled with the idea of changing the orientation of the page though. At least for this lesson, my pupils completed the tutorial within the time designated. An easy lesson commented some of the pupils! Have a look..

Notes and Tutorial 16/03/09 (Yr3A) Notes and Tutorial 16/03/09 (Yr3A) Dyg Norolhoda Hj Md Arpan

A rather draining day, what with me chasing after my Year 2 inquiries during the tutorial and my Year 3 being rather confident in theirs. Eventful and unforgettable.

0 comments:

About

Dyg Norolhoda binti Haji Mohd Arpan
08D0302 Diploma in Education (In-Service)

At the age of 34 I decided to change profession from a bank officer to a teacher. I joined the Ministry of Education in 2004 and was posted to Maktab SOAS. It was a huge transition! I started teaching on my 2nd day and was given a class full of naughty and rebellious boys. IOne look at them and my adrenaline went sky high. I was so determine to make whichever class I taught to learn something from me. Most of my days as a teacher was challenging, hectic and memorable. Though referred as a stressful job, I never regretted my decision to become a teacher. The overwhelming feeling when a student comes up to you and says "Thank you" with a smile is a treasure itself. I am by nature a serious person but since being a teacher I have learn to smile a lot especially by the antics of my students. :)