This week both my Year 2 and Year 3 classes had more or less the same activity i.e. inserting pictures in to a word document. The only difference was for Year 2 they did not give titles for their pictures. Year 3 used WordArt to name their pictures.

My Year 2,
Lesson Plan 13/04/09 (Yr2A)

The pupils were very excited at the prospect of inserting pictures because I had gathered beforehand pictures which I thought would REALLY attract attention. I had copied pictures of "princesses" for the girls and "robots" for the boys. During induction the pupils were so very attentive to what I had to say, hence they were able to do the activity without much hassle. The girls giggled a lot and the boys gave a lot of "Waaahhhh"s... The expressions of their faces showed they really enjoyed the class.

My Year 3,
Lesson Plan 13/04/09 (Yr3A)

I had expected the same feedback from the pupils as I had from the Year 2's. What I noticed was that during the naming of the title for the pictures quite a number of the pupils had made mistakes in the spelling of the words they had used. Some of the girls did not spelled the words "princess", "pretty" and "sleeping". As for the boys almost all of them used the same words for the title of their pictures, which was "Optimus Prime" and "transformers". During closure I told the class that I would have preferred them to create their own titles for the pictures even though I had given them pictures they would generally recognize. The girls were a bit imaginative, giving words that describe their pictures. In overall I was very satisfied with their work which showed they were paying attention during my explanation of the activity.. :)

0 comments:

About

Dyg Norolhoda binti Haji Mohd Arpan
08D0302 Diploma in Education (In-Service)

At the age of 34 I decided to change profession from a bank officer to a teacher. I joined the Ministry of Education in 2004 and was posted to Maktab SOAS. It was a huge transition! I started teaching on my 2nd day and was given a class full of naughty and rebellious boys. IOne look at them and my adrenaline went sky high. I was so determine to make whichever class I taught to learn something from me. Most of my days as a teacher was challenging, hectic and memorable. Though referred as a stressful job, I never regretted my decision to become a teacher. The overwhelming feeling when a student comes up to you and says "Thank you" with a smile is a treasure itself. I am by nature a serious person but since being a teacher I have learn to smile a lot especially by the antics of my students. :)